Monday, January 11, 2010

Ireland's slideshow



After finally figuring out how to do slideshows, I finally have posted a little over 100 pics.  The pictures are awesome and beyond loved by us but they far from do her beauty justice.
When viewing these please remember that in 11 days, Ireland changed quite a bit.  At birth, she immediately had to be intubated because of the CDH (congenital diaphragmatic hernia).  Not too soon after that she had to placed on ECMO and that causes quite a bit of swelling...we chose to exclude the first day or two of her on this but you can definitely see her weight changing day by day.  As she neared having the surgery to correct the hole in her diaphragm, she thinned out quite a bit which was great.  And then, once surgery was completed, she began putting "liquid" weight on again, which was expected.  I've come to like that she changed back and forth because well, it's who she was and it was the changes she had over her little lifetime.  I thought she was beautiful each and every day.  I certainly don't fear death so much when I know I'll be with her again!
I'd like to add that the pics that are black and white and the lighter toned still pictures are from the organization .."now I lay me down to rest".  If you are ever, God forbid, in this situation...choose to have them take the pictures.  We almost didn't do it and now, I am glad that we did.  .....Also, quite a bit of the pictures are taking with our phones so the quality isn't there but once again, we cherish each picture. 

8 comments:

  1. Ireland Rose is a beautiful little girl and I imagine a fiesty beautiful angel. Thank you for sharing these most precious photos of your time with your daughter...she is loved so much.

    (((HUGS))) Brady family,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Ireland's beatiful photos. I hugged my Emily extra tight while watching your daughter's life pass by in much too short a time. Ireland fought with all she had, she is an inspiration all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ireland Rose lives on in our hearts and will never be forgotten. She has touched so many hearts in her 11 short days. Some day, in heaven, I'll see her & will be able to give her the hugs & kisses I couldn't here. I'm thankful to you for sharing her with us even though you only had a little time with her yourselves. You are very special, Chanda, & our 'Mikey boy' & Tristan. May God continue to strengthen you. New blessings are coming with your next little bundle of joy, looking forward to it. LOL, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanda, she is so beautiful. I can't say anything more....just shear beauty. Thanks so much for sharing. I can't even bring myself to imagine everything that you have felt. You are so loved by so many, and Ireland has touched so many people on so many deeper levels than we can ever understand or comprehend!
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of Ireland Rose. She is in our thoughts every night. She touched so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing your story, and your love of your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chandra, you don't know me and we will probably never meet this side of Heaven, but I was praying so much for you all last year when Ireland was born and when she died. (I came across your blog via a friend's blog-baby Kamryn-who also had CDH.) Yours and other CDH family's blogs touched me so greatly-occasionally, I still will "check in" to see how the families, are doing, and if there have been any updates on their blogs. I was rooting for her so much. Is it weird that a complete stranger could be so saddened over the loss of a child she's never met? Must be the mother in me. I sit here, looking at your pictures-so unsure of the right words to say-but I pray that somehow, in the past year, you have felt comforted and peaceful through these darkest of days. All I can say is, "God, I don't understand, I hate this, but I am grateful for the hope you give me when I cannot find hope and comfort elsewhere." Hope to read an update from you soon. And I really hope, that in your tragedy, you've somehow been blessed in some way over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Ireland Rose. You, your story, and your figh will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete