Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gone but not forgotten


It has almost been a month since my baby daughter has left this world but the pain of her loss is still as strong today as it was then. I find myself fighting to look at some of her pictures, mostly the ones of her right after her surgery. Chanda has been a fighter during these hard times for me and don't know what I would do without her. We were at old navy today getting T some clothes and the fitting room of course it right by the baby stuff. I saw a little halloween outfit that said hoot hoot I'm so cute in pink and thats all it took for the tears to start slowing going down my face. Its the little things that can get me I guess. I know everyone tells us that in time it will be easier and I'm sure it will. But 11 days just wasn't enough time for this daddy...... and only a month from her passing just doesn't seem like it has been that long.


Everyone that has read this blog has been such a help to Chanda and me. We don't know what will become of it but in time the answers will be found. Thanks again to all......


Ireland Rose Brady's daddy forever............

11 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) In time you will be able to look at her pictures with out it being so raw...
    What a beautiful picture of sweet Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike I was just telling everyone how God has been helping you get through this. You don't realize how strong you both have been, and encouraging too. We are so very blessed to have had our little Ireland Rose in all our lives.I have by habit I suppose gone on here and I still do it was such a wonderful connection to you all. And yes it's so normal for you to miss her. She's so beautiful in that picture. I just love it. Thanks for all the words and memories we'll never forget her. Love mom (Grandma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so sorry for your loss and that you have had to experience such joy followed by such bitter sadness. She was such a beautiful little baby and she tried so hard to be with her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad I hadn't done my makeup yet this morning or I would have to go do it all over again! Your words are very touching. I think of you all, including Ireland, every day and continue to pray for your emotional healing. Don't forget, Josh and I are just a phone call away.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. the old navy tshirt brought tears to my eyes.
    I am so sorry. Your beautiful Ireland will never be forgotten. We think of her every night and have you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think of you often and that precious, beautiful little girl, Ireland Rose. Chanda, Mike and Tristan, your beautiful family is in my prayers.

    (((HUGS))),
    Tracy, Ian's mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT is tough guys... grief that is. It can consume you in a moments notice without warning. I pray for peace and comfort. I am here if you all need me. Don't hesitate to reach out. I don't know what I would have done without the other mothers who lost their babies.. I HATE being part of the club, but am more than happy to be here when you need me. I wrote Ireland's name in the sky... not sure I had posted that or told you all- it's at www.skybabies.blogspot.com

    Love and Hugs,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, Chanda & Tristan, When you truely love someone, the heart pain of losing them cannot be explained or measured by anything in life; but time has a way to soften it. May you be strengthened by the memory of our beautiful Ireland Rose & the love she has left us. She planted 1 seed of love & all us now (even people we don't know)have reaped the love in our hearts. love Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always thinking of and praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mike,
    I am so grateful for your ability to show your tender heart. So many marriages are unable to endure the stress of a passing child and you and Chanda have drawn on your love for each other and have cleaved to one another in support and emotional strength for one another. I admire you so very much. I can't wait till we can have a bar-b-Q and just sit back with a frosty one and shoot the breeze. I feel like I love you already.

    Tree

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a wonderful daddy, Mike. I don't hear daddys talk about their children the way you have, It is very touching. I can feel the love and it makes the love to grow more in me....Thank you...love shonna

    ReplyDelete