Thursday, July 9, 2009

T's home...appt. from Tuesday

Well, Tristan is home!!! I can not believe that this man/child is my son. At 14, he is just so much taller than me and is just plain old bigger than me. He was only gone a month and I swear he grew. His dad actually had to get him new shoes. Crazy!!
....I did not get to see my Dr. Silver this past appointment. Have no idea why, but he's human and that's okay. The midwife we see each week, Gretchen, is perfectly nice and answered my questions. I did get another ultrasound as well and all I can say is that it is sooooooo hard to believe that something is wrong. Our little Ireland was actually rubbing her belly and yawning. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen on an ultrasound. For as big as she is now, 5.1 lbs at 34 weeks, it's amazing how clear the ultrasound was this time. Yes, the stomach is still up in the chest, her heart is pushed towards the right and only God knows what else is going on, but just to see her on that screen....well, she is becoming this cute and chubby baby. She moved around quite a bit but we still managed very clear images. She is head down but I'm being told that I shouldn't worry that this means she's ready to come (this is what keeps me up now...fear of waaaay too early birth). I made sure to ask Gretchen what on earth we do if Ireland decides to break down the door and come before we're ready and she said Ireland would need to be life flighted immediately......so, this is telling me to be vigilant and make sure Ireland does not do this!!!! She is just so incredibly low and actually kicks my hips and cervix almost as much as my ribs and such. Scary thought to have her early. The plan is weekly visits and planned induction.
Anywho, I'm finally having my shower this Saturday. I'm pretty excited. I'm also sad because 3 of my friends are out of state during this time....this is problem with having local friends that are also not from here and choose military careers. And with family and friends in VA, PA, WA, and AZ....well, they'll all be so missed. We wanted to send invitations to EVERYONE but honestly, it was just too expensive. I sent them to our parents and grandparents...and I've actually got a few cards that I'm not supposed to open until the actual shower. And Ireland has already been spoiled beyond belief by Aunts and other family and friends. I put Aunts in capitals because seriously!!!...my girl will be one stylish baby!
.....well, will do my best to keep up and also to post some shower pics once I have those. Also, Mikey and I want to take a few nice family/preggo pics, so I'll post those as well.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home Tristan...I know your mom is happy to have you home!! Chanda, I hope you have a wonderful shower this weekend and you and Ireland are spoiled, you deserve it. Sounds like Ireland is going to be a pretty good sized baby. Just from experience with life flight and transfers, anytime you feel like you may be in labor, get to the hospital. It is so much safer for her to be delivered close to PCMC. I bet it was cute to see her yawning and rubbing her belly!!

    Have a great weekend! Praying for strength for your precious Ireland.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at your shower. Praying for you and your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is such a stressful time for you as you approach the arrival of the little miracle known to us as baby Ireland. Enjoy these last few weeks. Have fun at your shower. Everything is in God's hands and worrying "is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere." I know from these weeks in the hospital with Lily, I usually make things bigger than what they turn out to be and it makes me exhausted. It's human nature, I know, but enjoy this pregnancy, enjoy those special, sacred moments of feeling her movements, looking at her adorable face in her sonogram pictures, celebrating the joy of what she has overcome so far. Rest, relax, give your problems, concerns and worries to God. One day, you will look back on this experience and see what an amazing momma you are, how you got through this. Save your worries for when she starts dating! HAHAHA! We send all of our love and hugs and will continue to pray for all of you!

    ReplyDelete